Stephen C. Silver started the company as a sole proprietorship in April 1983 selling imported goods from a roadside stand. Once the company went into furniture it grew. The business operated from a 10,000 square-foot building on Highway 80 in Forney, TX. After Norman G. Preskitt joined the company in 1987, they incorporated and moved to 303 E. Hwy. 80 in Forney, Texas, a 60,000 sq ft warehouse. Resulting from job creation financing, in December of 1994, the company entered into a capital lease agreement with the City for Forney, and as of 2011 the lease was bought out and SSC obtained the title. July 2000 SSC moved their headquarters to the newly built distribution center at 1000 FM 548 North.
All images are under copyright © DesigningFever Group